Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I have gone little bit crazy this year funding my own way to conferences during what is meant to be "down tools time". Lat week I had a fun journey with like minded colleagues to Invercargill to a conference called "I Love Teaching". Let's face it, anyone who funds themselves to a conference by that name during term break really must love teaching!!! I enjoyed the variety of speakers but after hearing James Nottingham I was inspired to share with my class about the learning pits. We worked on our own Learning Metaphor relating learning to ride a bike to the learning wobbles in the classroom. This is what the Scoopers came up with... Best moment was when William watched Max have a eureka moment and divide 48 by 10.  William looked at me and said, "I am having a learning wobble"!!!


Screen_shot_2011-08-08_at_2.14.38_PM.png


Screen_shot_2011-08-07_at_3.25.46_PM.png
Images from http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com






No comments:

Post a Comment